Andrew has experience representing a variety of people and parties. He represents large health insurers and health care providers, as well as individuals. His practice includes Administrative Law, Elder Law, Estate Planning, Health Law, and Insurance Law.
Andrew was the Deputy Director, Life and Health Product Review - Legal Affairs, and Assistant General Counsel at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation during the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. He has specialized knowledge of insurance products and corporate structures.
He has litigated numerous cases and has tried more than 40 jury trials. He has litigated administrative cases, including rule challenges and decisions affecting a person's substantial interests.
• Deputy Director, Life & Health Product Review - Legal Affairs, and Senior Attorney, Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
• Assistant State Attorney, Twelfth Judicial Circuit of Florida
Representative Agency Experience
• Lead developer of a standardized prior authorization form and corresponding regulation to be required for use by all Florida health insurance issuers and Medicaid plans.
• Reviewed and drafted life and health insurance related legislation for the Office. Maintained contact with industry lobbyists, members of the legislature, and legislative staff regarding the legislation.
• Interacted with and responded to inquiries from industry executives and members of the Florida legislature.
• Represented the Office of Insurance Regulation in administrative litigation in front of the Department of Administrative Hearings, including two rule challenges.
• Extensively reviewed provisions and trained agency staff regarding of HIPAA, COBRA, and other federal laws and their relationships to the Florida Insurance Code.
• Represented the Office in its review of insurer applications for licensing, mergers, and acquisition.
• Attorney and key participant in an extensive investigation of several insurers regarding the pricing methodologies of HIV/AIDS medications.
• Florida State University College of Law, 2010
• University of Florida
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
• Administrative Law
• Elder Law
• Estate Planning
• Health Law
• Insurance Law